Monday, May 4, 2009

For those of you that know me well, you know that Mrs. Sandy's very favorite verse in the Bible is 1 Corinthians 10:13. For those of you who do not know me very well I will explain why I choose to name my blog 1 Corinthians 10:13. As it says in the Bible: There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13. I excepted the Lord in 1994. I lost my father in 1985, at that time I told God that I hated him and never wanted him to be a part of my life. How could he claim to love people and take someone so special away from them. I was never raised in Church, went to vacation Bible school around my neighborhood when they had it, but never really heard the gospel of Jesus Christ. I married a wonderful man in 1981, Mr Jim. I always tell people that God was watching over me when I was not watching out for myself. We had a daughter in 1983, our Sara Jean. I had no clue what to do with a baby!!!! I learned really fast. Jim was used to kids, having a niece and nephews. Then as I said, my dad passed in 1985. I was devastated. After I had Sara, we thought that we would never have another baby again because my metabolism went hey wire after I had Sara. But, needless to say we had a Dawn Marie in 1988. To make a long story short, Dawn and I decided to go to Fulton Bible Baptist Church in October of 2000, and have been members there since. I am very grateful for my Pastor and His wonderful wife. Robin and I have become very good friends, I lean on her a lot. Pastor and Robin have been through thick and thin with me, and I praise God for them daily. Jim did not go with Dawn and I to Church in the beginning. We were members of another Church before and some cruel things had been said, and we choose to leave. Jim would come and listen to Dawn sing and that was it. He agreed to go to a couples retreat with me and there he came to the conclusion that he needed to be part of the Church with his family. That is when Satan got really angry and Jim lost his job with the school system. But, God takes care of his people, and we recovered. Jim is know a trustee at the Church and drives the Church bus on Sunday mornings. See, GOD is good!!!!
Sara is a work in progress. I love her so very much, and I know God will bring her back to the Church in due time. Dawn may or may not go back down to Heartland Bible Baptist College, she seems to be content in working in her Church in Fulton. But, what I do know, is that God is faithful and He will never leave me nor forsake me, and HE will take care of his people!!!!!

Love, Mrs. Sandy
1 Corinthians 10:13

3 comments:

  1. If only we all could learn things like that a lot faster in life!! Even when you hear it you don't always trust or learn that it is true... :o) Happy day Mrs. Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you on here, I look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful to have you and your family in my family's life!! You and Mr. Jim have been such a positive influence on the girls, especially my Karly Q. I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete