Thursday, May 14, 2009

Leaky Liver and Pooped out Pancreas

Yes, you read it right, this is what is wrong with Mrs. Sandy. My two girls and I went to the Diabetic training classes Tuesday night and we learned what our problem was. I have found this class to be very interesting. Next Tuesday night they will customize a plan for each of us, but for this week we are aloud 45 grams of carbs at each meal, totaling 135 grams of carbs a day. Little trickier than it sounds. If you eat a sandwich, 15 chips, and 8 ozs of milk, you are done for that meal. No dessert. It is not as bad as it sounds though. You can have anything really, you just to keep track of the carbs if your body has a pooped out pancreas.
Poor Dawn she is freaking out. She loves food, it is not fair that she has this, and she hates it. Please pray for her, and me to have patients with her. Sara, she is my tough bird, she will do fine. Mom, well she could give herself a swift kick in the trunk. It is in the genes, but still that is no excuse. I have learned that once a diabetic always a diabetic. I should have paid ed closer attention to the signals my body was giving me. Again, lessons learned for an old lady. See, you are never to old to learn.
Well, I will close for now. Prayers of love and happiness for you all.
Love, Mrs. Sandy
1 Corinthians 10:13

2 comments:

  1. Funny title! I was like, what is this about! :c) Hope you guys do well! Sounds hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have much faith in you. You can do this ...Phillipians 4:13

    ReplyDelete