Saturday, May 16, 2009

Shock treatments do work!!!!!!

I have had the chance to have some interesting conversations this week. It made me look back when I was a teenager trying to fit in. I am from St. Louis, was born and raised there. When the power plant took off in Fulton, it brought my Father and Mother here and left me up in St. Louis to finish out the school year with a friend who's family agreed I could stay with them so I could finish my sophomore year out. Don't get me wrong, my parents did not leave me, it was my choice. Sometimes (most the time) a teenagers choices are not wise. The family I stayed with was wonderful, they treated me like I was one of their own. The problem was their daughter and I both was trying to fit into a crowd that neither of us needed to be in. We did the smoking thing and the pill thing.... not a good choice. Needless to say, my parents got me out of St. Louis just in time.
WHAT A SHOCK!!!!!!! I look back now, knowing it was a wake up call from, you guessed it, GOD. Here I was, used to living in an area where you could walk and go shopping anywhere you wanted. Where do I wind up, but in the STICKS!!!! Yes, down in Steedman, Mo. I thought about running away, but, was scared to death. First night down in the sticks, outside pitch black (no street lights) hearing what sounded like a women screaming for help. I started screaming myself. My father came running outside and said, OH Sandra, that is a panther screaming in the woods. I don't think I need to say anymore on that subject!!!
Isn't it wonderful how God has a sense of humor? I can only give Him the Praise and Glory for taking me out of the situation I choose to put myself into. He must really love me a lot!! :-)
Again, lessons learned.

2 comments:

  1. wow, that would be scary to hear a panther in the woods! I don't think I would run away either with those animals lurking around oustide in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God does work in mysterious ways. I know I felt my Mother and Father were out of their minds moving us to "Misery"... but He knew what He was doing. That's been the pattern all my life ...God knows better than me!

    ReplyDelete