Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thanks for the Memories

No, I am talking about Bob Hope!!!! I have so much to be thankful for. I am so thankful for the people who have been a part of my life, whether it has been good or bad, yes even the bad. God has taught me that no matter what the outcome is, you can still learn a valuable lesson. At the time you are going through it, you just want it to stop. But, as the song says, "Even in the valley God is good". At the time this all is going on, you think the world is crumbling around you. But guess what, you are still here, and you are a survivor. God is good and He has got you through it. That' s all I have to say on the bad memories.
Now, to address the good memories. Since this weekend will be Memorial Weekend, I would like to share with you all things about my Father. My father was an Italian man, as my mother said he was full blooded and came with papers. I can not remember one time that my father ever spanked me. My mother said that my Father was abused by his mother, so maybe this is why he never spanked me. He would never tell me no, it was always we'll see. He would talk in Italian when he was made. I never heard him cuss in English, he did that in Italian. My father was very strong. I remember once I was in a hardware store with him. He was an iron worker, and he was looking for a strong pair of pliers for work. The store clerk told him that he had a pair of pliers my father could not bust. Well, needless to say, the manager gave my father a pair of pliers for free, because my father busted the pair they said he could not brake in front of them. He never had to buy a pair of pliers again, they would replace them for free with no questions asked. I guess I should be thankful for no spankings from him, cause I don't think they would of tickled. Mom said he would not touch us kids, because he didn't no his own strength. There has been times in my job where I have had to protect myself, and I have felt strength I could have not come up with myself. Patients have told me that there was a large man standing by me. Thanks dad for being there.

My father used to call me a squash head in Italian. I am looking forward to the day that I get to see him again, because for the life of me, I can not remember the word in Italian. Thank you God for giving me a wonderful father on earth. He may have made mistakes in his life, like not taking me to church, but he never once stopped me from going if I choose. I hope he is proud of me, because I sure am proud to call him my father. Dad I love you!!!! Thanks for the memories.

1 comment:

  1. What nice memories. God always has a plan and we are not sure what it is. Our job is to have faith and keep on moving on. Looks like you have learned to do that,

    ReplyDelete